It’s a full time job keeping up with all the events that occur during the summer here in Montréal. This week Movement Museum concentrates on a couple of dance-related ones.
Again this week we invited artists who are presenting dance, movement pieces, physical theater, clown shows etc. as a part of the St-Ambroise Montréal Fringe Festival. For the first half hour Jenn and Karen discuss where our various guests come from, what was the inspiration for their show, and why we should be excited about seeing it.
- From the epic ten-member cast belly dance production Ethereal Tribal, Susan Snyder and director Tanner Harvey join us.
- Johanne Gour introduces us to her duet Ensemble ou separes, je me souviendrais de toi! a 30min duet she has choreographed for the festival.
- Erin Robinsong & Andréa de Keijzer from the company Gold Ink Mouth talk about their contemporary dance show, Wolves & Selves, playing at Bain St-Michel.
- Divertimento associates, Émilie Barrette, Magaly Gates and Alessandra Rigano have collaborated on the production Sora. Émilie and Magaly tell us all about it.
- Choreographer Paige Krause and composer Philippe Landry come all the way from Louisiana to share their work with us, I'VE STOPPED HAVING THAT DREAM I'VE BEEN HAVING.
- Last but not least, we are joined by the collaborators of En Long & In Short, Anik Matern and Claire Jacques. These ladies have created a bilingual play with an exciting dance finale!
In the second half hour this week we turned out attention to a different, much anticipated annual event. Its time again for Piss in the Pool, created by Wants&Needs danse. We are joined in studio with two of the 2012 edition’s choreographers, Dorion Nuskind-Odor and Leïla Gaudin (all the way from France).
Before saying goodbye Jenn implores artists and audience members alike to check out the new online listings resource, Where are the shows?
Our show from JUNE 21st, 2012
Until next time,
Jenn Doan and Karen Fennell